Saturday, August 20, 2005

So where do I go from here?

There seems to be so much of the same thing that's happening to me...It gets repetative and I seem to fall into the same thing over and over again... and yet it's still a tough journey to find love. Been watching this show that shows successful women who went dating online coz they gave up looking for love among them so internet was the best way to do it. Hope I don't need t o resolve to that. Anyway, was on an official date today (think it's the first where a SINGLE guy asks me out and we went out just the 2 of us :- meal, movies, walking @ shopping mall) . I wouldn't say we click that much. Since we were brought up differently, mixed with different people all our life, there's this mismatch in frequency and chemistry between both of us. Probably takes time to develop the feeling, but I guess with my head and heart thinking of someone else, that's kinda hard to happen. But that someone else is someone I will never get hold off...darn...I had to make things complicated in my life.

The date was in Midvalley by the way. We ate and then watched Bewitched. Erm, one thing for sure, I can surely tell you that he reminds me a whole lot of my friend...as in size and some part of his attitude. But he's full of philosophy in life and he quoted the same line as my dad~!! In my heart, I was screaming "OMG~!I'm dating my dad~!" Well, don't get me wrong, nothing wrong bout my dad, just that the idea of him being the dad, and I'm controlled and without freedom. NOT GOOD! I knew instantly we don't click but I know we can be friends. And we shall keep it that way. I'm not sure he's pursuing me or just wanting to be friends...since I'm new in office and he sounded like he needed more people on his side in that cold cold working environment. He's been calling and messaging for the past 2 weeks. And he keeps on saying that girls should make up and dress up when going out...Frankly, I was offended. I din say it out...but I did tell him it's not my thing and I'm comfortable just the way I am. If he really has a problem with that, there's nothing I can do about it. Language barrier, not much though, but I do prefer an English speaking partner....well, more English-educated partner to be exact I guess. I don't think I can fit into his Chinese-ed world... and I have this feeling that he's gonna be those "sticky" type of partner. So I think the next step, I shall just remind him that we're friends.

And in the mean time. I need to clear off some messed up feelings I'm having. I don't get it when all the compatible guys are so out of my reach...WHY? Will I ever find him? I think this is a question that's the most difficult to answer than any interview question~!! So, where would I end up? Where do I go? Hmmm.....

No comments: