Friday, December 28, 2007

Reflections of 2007

It's the last Friday of the year. I think should be a good time to start blogging/bitching/complaning/whining( whatever you call it!) for the year that is going to past.

Let's start by reviewing my resolutions for this year and probably renew them for the coming year.
1. Diet. Results: Yeah, I think I did a good job in that, although a bit slacking coming to the end of the year...sigh, but will work on those extra kgs sumore the coming year :D
2. Read/complete my old books. Results: Yeah, did quite a bit of reading this year. Completed some books, and bought new ones and completed those. So I still have some unread books. So, will work on those the coming year too.
3. Travel. Results: I did! And the biggest achievement was getting myself out of the country and headed to Bangkok. After that it was a couple of domestic travelling. I have that in my blog. Merdeka Road Trip + Langkawi Trip. The coming year? Might have some places in mind. I just hope I have the financial support I need for that.
4. Shop less. Results: Nope, I think I did just the opposite for this year. Sigh, that resulted to less savings and a higher sum in my credit card bill to settle. SO let's try the same resolution next year...although I doubt it'll work.
5. Doing something less ordinary. Results: I did. I took up teaching, seriously, something I didn't think I would have the patience to. But for this 4 months, I'm still okay. I have another half a year to go.

So on the overall, I think making achievable resolutions are quite satisfying in a way. Actually, I'm quite happy about it. Of course you also "grow up" throughout the whole year. It's been an interesting year.

Phantom of the Opera - Esplanade Theatre Singapore. Yeap, yeap. Superb show. That was in April. My very first fine dining experience was this year. Thanks to the projects I was in. Quite a fulfilling year for the taste bud. Tried a lot of good food. Yea, makes the loosing weight part a bit harder. This year is Starbucks year also. Too much of that this year. Working on getting my 2008 planner. 3 more drinks to go. I'm crazy dy. Continue on...First ever bridemaid's duties to carry out...which brought me to a small town of Sitiawan for the first time. First time on the luxury bus to Singapore. Of course, it's not all jovial throughout the year. There's also some down times. This year I felt the most depressed about certain things, but then I'm choosing to forget them and move on.Emotional roller coaster year. Oh oh...forgot, this year is when I shifted office from Sunway. We've got a couple of new colleagues, which is kinda fun. My vacations/trips were unforgettable. Had a great time in Bangkok, Langkawi and the Merdeka Road trip. Health wise, only worth mentioning about my chicken pox week lor. Went for detoxing, and ended up join Amway for that. But I'm not an active member, so no worries, I won't be coming up to you selling stuff. Oh ya..the new opening of Jusco bukit tinggi. Created quite a buzz here. New items added: my Ipod Nano, my new specs ...will be aiming for that new phone next year.W910i...hehe.

So that's about all for this year... 2007 was a great year! There's a few days left in the year, let's all embrace and celebrate it! (I hope my pay is in already for this celebration to take place.. :P) Have a good time celebrating your 2007. And I've just noticed that my blog sitemeter has reached 1000. Wow..thanks to everyone for your time to read this.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrates to you for achieving most of your goals this year. All the best in the coming year tho.. :)

YeeLeng said...

Thank you thank you...I hope for a better year for myself and to u too. :)

weijing said...

yea, I think all of us had a great Y2007, I believe you had a better one than I was having, hehe...
May you be having a even brighter year, starting tomorrow!
Happy new year 2008 :)

YeeLeng said...

thanks thanks..well, the part about having a better year than other ppl..that one very subjective wan. I think I had a great year, it's my personal opinion :D and hope that all of us have a good 2008!