Wednesday, December 26, 2007

More recap ..

So last weekend was winter solstice. A day where we eat tong yuen. No pics yet, but what the heck? Just thot I'd blog about it. It was an interesting session with Mell and her family. It's the first time that I've experienced making tong yuen from the beginning till it was cooked. :D We went through the whole process of mixing the glutinous rice powder till colouring it. Then we start making them into little tong yuen balls. Mell's mom made the sugar syrup to go with it. We did it in 5 colours. Pink, green, yellow, white and BLUE! Yea, debut with blue. It's the first time I see it too. We tried with blueberry too. They were feeling innovative and wanting to try something new. And so we did it. Tasted a little sour, but then didn't taste that bad after a few. We had the gula melaka filling too...quite sweet. We were at the whole thing for more than 2 hours I think. It was very fun and satisfying. Thanks Mell.... **hugs**

Then let's fast forward to Christmas Day. Wow...9-hours of shopping. Tiring! Frankly, don't think in the end we bought much. Tried clothes got la..but buying them, very few only. But good enough for this year and a couple of months before my wallet start to bleed again. Thanks SC for the wonderful shopping experience. Haha..can't believe we actually queued for the Giordano sale. And other crazy stuff we do.. I really miss uni times. Oh ya, was too bored over the weekend and bought myself a new pair of specs! So ...will be wearing more of it dy! To office, to go out, at home, to shopping! Muahaha... So it was a good shopping spree trip. Spent more than I expect. I'm so broke. I hope my pay comes in soon! No pics for now. Maybe next time...

No comments: