Friday, December 14, 2007

The weekend that was..

It was a beautiful wedding the past weekend...It was just lovely and my brother can give a very touching speech. Yealor..imagine if a guy confess his love to you in front of everyone, can be a bit corny but still, you'd shed a tear or two listening to it.

Pre-Wedding Day

So I got to Singapore on Friday morning. Long queue at the Woodlands immigration. Waited almost an hour there. A reminder to first time travellers to Singapore from Malaysia by coach: First checkpoint in Malaysia, only your passport is required. Second checkpoint in Woodlands, Singapore, take all your belongings along. This is what happened to a lady. At Woodlands, bus dropped us off. She went dashing to the immigration without her belongings and after an hour after passing the checkpoint, she got back to the bus to know that her belongings were left at the earlier drop-off point. The bus driver wasn't being that sympatethic also la, they just asked her to approach the immigration personnel for her baggage and left her. She wanted to take the bus all the way in to Beach Road. So I don't really know how the lady settled her problem after that la. Been travelling too much on my own, tend to be selfish once comes to the checkpoint because there's a lot of irresponsible bus drivers that will not send you all the way to your destination. So what I normally do is being kiasu a bit, walk a bit faster, get pass the checkpoint faster and make the bus driver arrange me a transport in if he decides not to go all the way.The bus journey was quite bad, considering I was coughing all the way. Didn't really catch any sleep on it. Reached at about 6am. Got my bro to come out and fetch us.

Then the long day started. My parents had it all planned and not informing me about it. SO fine, thought I'd go along. Breakfast in the market, then travel to Chinatown...all we did was walk and walk and walk. Damn tiring. I was coughing my lungs out already. Up to a point where I lost my voice, all that could come out was noise. Anyway, they got checked into the hotel about afternoon. Then everyone got their wanted rest. So did I~! Then after a couple of hours of sleep, then it was time for dinner. We had this ala-carte buffet in TeaHouse in Chinatown. Quite worth it actually, SGD28++. Chinese style, with over 50 choices of dishes to choose from. After dinner about 8 something, it was walking time again. Just walked a while then we got home. Saturday starts REALLY early.

WEDDING day

This is another wedding culture I learnt. Teochew ppl in Singapore will pick auspicious time starting from 4am to 6am. According to my 2nd brother, they want to settle things before the sun rises...gosh, really early. My brother was suppose to pick up the bride at 5.45am. Well, I was suppose to be picking up my relatives and bringing them there. So I had to leave home at 6!!! And I was kinda late a bit. :p Told my relatives I'll be there about 6:15, ended up there about 6:40. Need to prepare mar~! Anyway, dilly-dally till I got to brother's place at about 745. That time the bride was already back at home. She was introduced to all my aunts and uncles. All we did was wait for the auspicious time for every event to happen. Entering the bedroom, tea ceremony, picture taking. We went to my brother's room and saw a list of events, schedule for the events on wedding day. From 4am to the night event. My sis-in-law planned it all, right from the beginning to the end, including contingency plan too~! Finally saw Ashlynne after sooo long. Getting very very adorable. Met my brother's heng dai also. Can't remember all of their names. I think I only got Eric coz we sort of met online in facebook. Saw Hsu Kiang and Ming Ho, my bro's good friends back in Klang days. We were all chit chatting till afternoon, after the buffet lunch.

Sent off my relatives back to their hotel, we were off home to get some rest, bathe and prepare for the night dinner. Got to the restaurant at about 4 plus. Make-up and hairdo...then about 6 plus, people start to arrive. Got chocolate fountain also~! Didn't eat la. Busy walking around and ...acting busy. :P Most of the time talking to Hsu Kiang and Ming Ho. Think they are bored also coz don't really know many ppl there. The restaurant was nice. With really big heart shaped helium balloons. All pics with my brother...so I can only describe in words. Couldn't be in there to see their first march in coz was helping my bro out with the stuff at the reception.Only got in after the food presentation. Food was excellent. The singers were good too. Not a bad idea. Then the video sessions...all came out to be quite nice. :) Took a lot of pics I think. Need to see it frm my brother the next time. I don't look that nice for the pics anyway..sigh. The night ended at about 12? I don't know, wasn't keeping track of the time. All I know was my hair was still wet when I fell asleep in the living room in front of the TV, think the Golden Horse awards was going on.

Post wedding

Morning, woke up for breakfast at Yumcha with my relatives.I was all packed up ready to go back home...but my cousin wanted to stay longer, so we postponed the idea of going back to later that evening. Nothing much, just walking around, Centro, Clarke Quay and Orchard. Finally I get a taste of TCC!! Food is excellent. Cough was killing me, so didn't dare to drink coffee...should've~!!! Only took tea, not too bad. Food was gooooddd. Need to go there again. Didn't get to see lights this year. Well, can miss it this year la. After a long day of walking, took my relatives to take the bus from Johor. We got on the bus at 12am and reached the next morning at about 630am.


Well, the wedding's over. One thing that got me frustrated was how the whole arrangement with my parents and relatives were done. I was thinking of getting back soon coz I can still take it up to the last day when it all came out. Didn't want to throw any temper out, but the last day was a bit too much and I just walked away. Yea, probably not suppose to lash out just like that coz relatives are there...but really couldn't take it already. I wanted to go home there and then. I don't get why there was so much confusion at the first place...so glad I'm home. And I hope I don't have to be bringing relatives around for now.

Already a week after, my bro should be enjoying his honeymoon in Italy. Hope it's a good weekend ahead for all. Christmas plans should come into play already. It's just around the corner~!

No comments: