Monday, May 09, 2005

Mother, I Love You....

It's Mother's Day again...and mom also turns older too. Didn't stop and think of how old she is till I asked for the candles on her birthday cake.... Been a while since anyone took this day to really do something. Brothers are all in Singapore and I'm left here, so thought I'd get her a cake this year. Never get to really spent it with her on this day for the past 4-5 years, always had to be back in uni at that time. Anyway, it was just a simple dinner outing and cake cutting...but can see that she was all smiles, plus a call from her granddaughter also did the trick. YEAY...want to shout it out to the world.. I LOVE YOU MOM!

Surprisingly that it's easier to express it all in words. Rather than saying it. Never had this tradition at home to express our love to our parents or our siblings. A peck on the cheek would be a definite no since we've all had grown up, but you can see the affections pouring in to my little niece by all my family members. Frankly, even a hug had never been displayed among my siblings...felt weird to do it I guess. We joke, we laugh, we step on each other's foot, but we never do the hugs or kisses. And it's like so formal between us and probably everyone's used to the way things are, changes might just make things worse.

Anyway, probably it's the lack of closeness that it feels great and probably weird at some stage when I have a connection with another person/friend(be it guy or girl). Makes me wonder...and probably influences the way I perceive things. Especially those times when I get mixed signals from guys thinking they might be interested in me...which then lead to a whole lot of misunderstanding.

SO, in the end, yea...I think I would prefer that everything should be out in the open instead of the guessing game or the assumptions.( After all ...when you break the word ASSUME, it's just makes an ASS out of U and ME -courtesy of a lecturer of mine) I'll try harder to actually express myself out with my family members...think I might be in the comfortable zone too, don't really know what's it gonna be like, but been getting closer to my mom, and it feels great! and I'm gonna say again, Mom, I LOVE YOU!!

No comments: