Thursday, May 05, 2005

050505...wont happen again in another century

Yeapp..it's one of those days where you have the special date that won't come along till another century or so. Better make a mark then...wasn't that significant since I was pratically wasting the time away. Sigh...yeah...think I better get a job soon..

Anyways...have you ever thought of things that'll just come by once in your lifetime?? I had a friend who had to make this really tough decision ( I wonder whether he actually came up with one ) It's either

a) a fully sponsored research programme in Japan for a month and a half
b) a fully sponsored trip to Hong Kong
c) a stable working career somewhere in Ipoh ( no extension of starting date or he'll have to give it up)

Option (a) sounded real nice, but to do that, he'll have to give up his job and also his convocation ceremony. Option (b) didn''t sound bad either, but for this, he'll have to give up his job...and at that time, think he was thinking bout Japan also... and of course there's option (c) where he'll end up with his 9-5 job and thinking of the what-ifs. So it all depends on what's your priorities and are you actually wiiling to take risks.

For me, taking risks was never my thing...but I would like to believe that I took some along the way...the outcome? Not really what I expected, but it felt good after that. There are also risks that I didn't take, that kept me in the "what-ifs" situation till today. And it'll always be the "something" that happened once in your life and might not happen in years to come. Probably something to learn and think about when I'm old and starting to reflect on my life and all the decisions that I've made before. Well, if there's anyone out there who happens to be reading , dare to take that risk...( a bit of hypocrite on my side, but I did take some of the risks before, just that it's not my thing.. ) You'll never know what you can get out of it... ( been trying to put it all in my head...just hoping it sticks there..

So...to sum it up for this time, when there comes a chance to experience the once in your lifetime thing, be sure to grab that chance~! I wished I had more of it....things been mundane all my life...hoping and crossing my fingers for greater thing in the future !

No comments: