Tuesday, May 03, 2005

I'm an unemployed graduate..with a sucky ADSL modem !

Okay...I know I said earlier that I want to keep this place alive, but things come along and got me drifted away. Attention span really needs to be fixed. Yeap...it's official, I'm a graduate ... UNEMPLOYED... ( yet) . I do hope I get some job to work on. In the mean time, been keeping myself all hooked up to my never-ending TVB dramas and some other shows that had been in my queue of to-be-watched list since months ago.

Anyway, didn't get to do much since I finished my finals. What happened since then was a farewell dinner, photo taking sessions, yumcha sessions, photo taking sessions, Singapore trip...well..which adds up to more photo taking sessions !! Had a CD just for Singapore trip. The farewell dinner was at Eastin Hotel. All pics not uploaded yet, so no chance of getting hold of the big group pic. There were 35 of us there that night. Everyone seemed to be leaving for Penang to work...can imagine that everyone will be bumping into everyone on weekends and night outs. Well, at least they have a job...sigh...

Finally had my broadband installed today...yesterday to be exact, it was only activated today. Slight confusion between 2 contractors handling it...who suffers? I DO! Parents...they nag and nag and nag....but then again, I know their good intentions, so not blaming them or anything. Just that, when problem occurs, I will know how to handle them. How come it's so hard for them to realise that? Anyway, almost lost 50 bucks to the installation thing...1 contractor took my 50 bucks, 2nd contractor said installation was suppose to be free...I was in shocked and already sending WTF sms-es to my friend assuming that I was some victim of some bogus contractor. But it all turned out okay, kinda freaked out a bit when the 1st contractor did not pick up their phone...thought I really became a victim. Finally I called the office, they kinda cleared it off for me...and unexpected return of my rm50 !! Was glad and all nagging ends at that point...although I did face some problems later that night bout online stuff, but kept it low profile and out of the knowledge of my parents.

That problem I mentioned, was that sucky ADSL modem. Called back the installation guy at 8.30pm...I know it's after office hours, but who says his work was done? As long as I couldn't online, he'll be on call even it's 12am!! He said the modem needs restarting every now and then just to make sure it works ! I was like..whhatt..?? The explanation: "Modem tu, you off untuk 10 secs, lepas tu, on balik. Modem tu, macam tu punya." I replied with a loud "har?" ..sigh...sucky modem!! restarted it twice already... well, let's hope it lasts longer than I expect it could.

That would be all for this time around, might want to catch up some TV shows before getting some shut eye.

No comments: