Monday, June 02, 2008

Of MIGs and F-18s..

It was not the usual boring weekend afterall, I went to the RMAF Jubilee Celebration! Haha..i went there being totally clueless about planes and aircrafts, I didn't have any expectations. The only plane I knew was MIGs, coz those days, I used to play a game called Red Alert: C&C. :p Went with the Klang forumers: LKC and Pooh. ( We go by nicknames even though we know the real names..guess it's more relatable.. :p )
Anyway, I enjoyed the airshow a lot. This is like one rare chance to go see it considering:
1. Not cheap to run one airshow like that...and entrance was FREE
2. Not often you get to be in RMAF being so up close with a fighter jet or even a small helicopter.


Nuri..I actually know this..surprisingly!

Sukhoi...new word I learnt :)

MIG-29? ..I got it right?

Took us bout 40 minutes to get to the RMAF base in Subang. Pretty awesome place, they have a golf course in it! Thanks LKC for driving us there. :) We got there like 830am. We got a nice place to park which we didn't need to walk that far to reach the display area. The crowd..wow..considering there wasn't much publicity in the newspaper, there was a pretty big crowd! Even in the morning! They setup tents for food and souvenirs too..LKC said he felt like going into a Hari Kantin. I agreed with him...gosh, missing those secondary school days.


The show then started at 9am. Started off with: Simulated strike by Hawk.



The targeted strike area..believe me, it was damn LOUD~!


Before that we had some paratroopers falling down from the sky. After the strike, there was an aerobatic show by PC7. Nuri also made an apperance after that.


The small plane on the groud...


Well, considering the planes were SO far, and the limitations of my 3X optical zoom Sony Cybershot W550...I didn't get to have any good pics of any of the planes in the sky. Sad...Next in line. F-18 Hornet ..


F-18 as it flew past...too quick...not enough lighting...DARK pic.

That was the only F-18 shot I had...haha..others are just too tiny to even see! Can't distinguish whether it's a bird or a plane. The next appearance was the MIGs. Haha, again, sad sad pics.. show you guys one when they started their routine..


Can you see two tiny little MIGs???

Last but definitely not least..Sukhoi came into the picture. Hmm..I got a few shots, not that good either....



The show ended at about 10am, then we went into the hangar to see some exhibition on the planes, guns. Took a group pic and then walked a bit, and off we go back to Klang. It was quite an educational weekend for me. :) LKC found a youtube clip of the Sukhoi Aerobatic show. I'll embed it at the end of the post. Have a good week ahead y'all~!






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow..hard to believe you actually play red alert..that game was about 8-9 years ago man!

Anonymous said...

red alert was MIG 21. wah u play wan ar...not bad not bad...i saw my fren(girl) played once.she was shouting non stop DIE!DIE!DIE! haha Emo... :P

MIG 29N Fulcrum . nice pic of the 2 planes converging.grab from u when i free la.

YeeLeng said...

aeron..long long time ago, not that good at the game.

peki..i don't shout DIE DIE DIE..i just laugh..MUAHAHAHHA... :p you say that two tiny MIGs pic ar? sure.when you have time la..