Monday, June 09, 2008

Dumpling Festival


Well..another year, another those festivities spent without my family. It's okay. In the spirit of the dumpling festival(duan wu jie), i decided to go to the market and check out what kinda dumpling there that I could get hold off. It was a rainy sunday morning. I was hoping that there were still some left..coz it was already about 9. Morning market ends about 10, but by 9 most of the stalls are closing or preparing to close.

To my surprise, the "ba zhang" (dumpling) had so many varities to it...and might I say, quite expensive too! It ranges from RM3 - RM6~! depending on what ingredients they put in. It's basically glutionous rice, with add-ons like mushroom, meat, dried oyster, egg yolk, dried shrimp ...and other ingredients that I don't know how to translate them to english. :P Anyway, I don't really know which one to get, all I did was tell the lady I wanted something with meat in it...and she started pointing here and there, then I just simply chose one....and that simply-choose-one decision cost me RM4~! Tasted so-so only. Think the normal one without the fancy varieties would cost less and taste better! :P


My aunt also asked me over for more zhang... This time it's the nyonya dumpling which is a bit different. I don't know what's the filling made of.. But it's good. Can't find this in normal market. She gave me one to bring back too.

I had this much of zhang to finish off..my meals for the next few days covered!

Had the RM4 zhang for dinner.. :)




So that was my weekend. Most of the time watching episodes of Greys and munching on lots and lots of glutionous rice dumplings.. :P

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

mannnn...i want to eat !
i havent eaten any yet !!!!!!!

YeeLeng said...

huh? go to the market and get la..it's there all throughout the year :p

Anonymous said...

dunwan !
I want home made one !!!!!

YeeLeng said...

yealor..those pasar wan..is homemade la.. :P