Monday, June 23, 2008

To Singapore....if the bus don't drop you off halfway

I had a long weekend. Started off with a last minute decision to get on the bus from Klang to Singapore...which I regretted...IMMENSELY! Seriously, been travelling to and fro to Singapore for many many times...(kinda lost count la..) This last trip was one of the WORST ever travelling experience I've ever had! (Yea...this beats the RM35 for a school-bus ride from JB-Klang that I once had)

Bus company: S.E Ekspres Sdn Bhd
Bus plate number: BEE 1890

I will never forget this...BECAUSE THEY DROPPED US OFF AT LARKIN,JOHOR BAHRU AT 5AM! Can you imagine how frustrated I was... I paid RM35 for a bus ticket that says KLANG-SINGAPORE....and where did I end up? LARKIN! and the bus fella had the nerve to buy us public bus tickets that enters Singapore. We reached Larkin at 4 something in the morning. I knew there was gonna be a bus exchange as I heard them mentioned about it. Well, as long as you exchange a bus that brings me to my destination, I'm fine. After so many times, this exchanging bus is not new to me. As i said, as long as it gets me to my destination, I'm fine with it. This was too much. Public bus only operates at 5 plus. And entering Singapore using the causeway is a nightmare in the early hours of the day coz of the working ppl from JB travelling there, be it busses, motorbikes, or cars~! But we were all desperate to reach to the island...so we had to take the bus. Jam was terrible, the bus was stuck, so all of us came down and walked our way to the Customs office...that was the first ever time I needed to walked from the midst of town to the customs office which was like a 10 minutes walk...with all our bags~

It was gonna be a long wait for the Singapore-Johore Express(SJE) bus to reach. An uncle who travels often said it's best that we figured out another way to get to the island and then decide later when we're on the island. Well said. At that early hours of the day, my brain don't work too well with all the frustration. We took another public bus that was available then and off we go to the Woodlands checkpoint. After the checkpoint, I decided to wait for the SJE bus again. Met that uncle again and he related about how he was left at Larkin before. Seems like it's not the first time that this had happened. In the end, I got to my brother's place at 730am. That's like close to 8 hours travel ...and normally it should be 6 hours MAX!

SO this is really really bad. Since this is the ONLY company that's providing bus services to Singapore from Klang, I still think that this kinda attitude should not be acceptable lor. It only cost like RM28-RM30 for a ride to JB. The public bus ticket to Singapore was worth RM2.50. Which means WHAT THE HELL FOR I PAY RM35 FOR A RIDE THAT WILL STOP ME BEFORE MY DESTINATION? Ridiculous. Time wasting. It was a bus that was at least half filled with passengers. Very irresponsible for them to not informed of that earlier. I'm familiar with travelling to Singapore, what happens to those who are not? How do they inform their relatives/friends about the change of destination? FYI, the public bus stop and express bus stop are at two totally different places. I think people should know about this kinda bad bus service and I hope there's a new bus service in town for that route. This bus company does not respect the idea of punctuality too. I think it's time that a new service was introduced.

p/s: I'm not sure where I can channel this complaint to... If any of you would know, please inform me. I don't think there's a point of sending the complaint just to the management of the bus company, think it'll fall to deaf ears again!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

newspaper or the sun :D

Anonymous said...

hahahaa...drama drama...is good for life ! hahahahah

YeeLeng said...

fatt..i got more drama waiting for me wei...

Anonymous said...

embrace it..hahaha