Friday, April 18, 2008

One Fathom Bank(Part 1)

Okay.very much delayed update on the trip that I went last weekend. Trip to One Fathom Bank off Port Klang. :)

Date: 12/4/08 - 13/4/08
Time: 10am

Well, let's brief through the whole story on how did I manage a place to this trip at the first place. Since organised by MyKlang forum people, so I went tagging along to one of their shopping trips which at that time I was offered to take over another guy's place for the trip. :)

So the trip started when everyone gathered for a breakfast session.A very traditional Klang breakfast: Bak Kut Teh! Participants include KK, Kobee, pstan82, alexlim, kimmy, aircraft and I. Ighost and the angels: lemon, sunshinejune and siewling only joined us later at the pier. Transfered all the stuff down to the boat, by 12 plus we were on our way!

Took us about 1 hour plus to reach One Fathom Bank.

The new one with the red and white which started operation in 1998 while the old one at the background. That was built on 1874. Spooky stories are alll over these 2 lighthouses actually.

Spooky stories aside, it's a beautiful place eh? Wished I had an dSLR to take pics.The main idea I joined the trip was to observed what hard-core anglers do...and get some fishing tips/stories from KK. I did a lot of observing, with the ppl catching small fishes. It can be quite serene, being out, no land surrounding us. Life's slow paced, and at the same time, enjoying a good company of new friends. The girls were recruited for one reason: COOK! How old-skool these ppl can be. Nevermind that, it's also fun to be cooking around the angels la..nasib baik I like to cook. Started to fry the Kuih Labu, turns out to be quite tasty. The raw paste was prepared by Yuli, Ighost's maid.

So after that, we continue with the taking pics, walking around, mingling till we wait for sunset. And what else to do on such a nice place besides photoshoot...alex was with his pics and very nice pics from him. Easier to refer to their website la. Easier for me than uploading with my broadband. Later add in the link:) nice sunset..this is the only nice pic I have.

Sunset at OFB.

At night was another time for feast. Asam pedas from the 4kg "ang chor" we caught. Curry chicken, some raw vege, BBQ chicken, BBQ sotong...it was indeed a big feast! check out how big the ang chor was...

The cigarette box as indicator..got this pic from Alex. Thank you first :p

That's all for Part 1. Continue with Part 2 when I feel like it.. :P

No comments: