Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Reflections

Didn't like the moment I got out of bed today, was a little dizzy. Lack of rest? No idea...and the headache is like coming back to me already. So routine when I get to the office, reached office, on PC, get online and surf. Hopefully I would have some real assignment to work on later. Been surfing on the net for asian recipes till i bump into this site that features the Malaysian wedding photographer. It got me thinking bout weddings and the traditions. So how drifted are we from the traditions already ?

New age, new era. Not much people think bout traditions already. I, being a Chinese myself, am not really in touch with it unless it's like those big celebrations : Chinese New Year, Chap Goh Mei, Ghost Festival. Well, those that everyone; no matter Chinese, Indian, Malay or even a foreigner, would know existed but probably not the details of it.And when it comes to weddings, how many of us actually had witnessed a fully traditional Chinese wedding? The ones that includes going to temple and paying respect to ancestors and with all the joss sticks to pay respect to the gods, the night before wedding with the combing hair thing, the "tong yuen" and the lady who speaks a lot during the tea ceremony and etc etc... Come to think of it, where will these traditions and customs stand in the future? New couples prefer hassle free weddings, even some who do not think the ceremonies are even a necessity.

Don't think I'll dwell some more into this. Personally, I would prefer a traditional Chinese wedding in the future. How traditional,I'm not sure. Probably when the time comes, there will those "traditional-wedding-in-one-go" kinda thing. But that's the future, a time not defined, things might be different at that time. We'll just have to wait and see. Anyway, that's about it for this entry... :)

For those who might be interested to know more bout the "3 letters and 6 etiquettes" or even the modern Chinese wedding, I found this in the internet --> http://www.chinese-poems.com/wedcus.html

No comments: