Wednesday, May 21, 2008

TIOMAN~ The great escape (Part 1)

Date:17-19 May 2008
No. of participants: 13

Let's start with some history how I got myself into this trip at the first place. WS said wanted to have a break, so I agreed when she asked and no questions asked till the day I needed to leave. Trust me, before that, I have not a single clue where I was going and who I was going with. Only thing I knew were how much I needed to pay and the holiday mission was Tioman Island. :D Was actually closed to cancelling the plan considering that WS needed to standby for support with her Jap clients. Thank goodness we didn't~! Would've regretted it.

Day 1

So we have finalised and Day 1 began at 6am. Well, supposedly 6, but then the time I left my house also 630am dy and we were to meet with WS' friend over in Shah Alam at 7am. Hmm..due to some delays, we got ourselves breakfast and waited for everyone to arrive. Was introduced to Mr HOT ORGANISER - Pushpan and WS's friend, Jacqueline. About 830am, we took off and headed to Mersing! I was in YiMin's car with WS and Fatt since we're the Klang gang. YiMin armed with his GPS was there to remind us all the speedtrap locations all the way there. (Although precentage that hit the target was less than 10% la, but we all appreciated his effort :D ..thanks!) We also had walkie-talkies to make sure we don't get lost... haha..Thanks to Push~!

Clear morning skies, perfect for travelling~!

Another introduction was done when we took a toilet break. Met with Wai Yee and her mom and Shuk Yee. Seriously, when I heard that Wai Yee brought her mom, I was thinking, wow, her mom is really sporting, which is kinda cool! :) So that was one memorable introduction in the PLUS toilet @ Ayer Hitam toll plaza. :p Anyway...with 3skillful drivers in all 3 cars, we managed to reach the small town of Mersing by lunch time where everyone in the cars were all crying for food!



Lunch time~!(Decided to break my vegetarian diet on this fine day :P)



Very obvious that we're all FAMISH~~~!!


Since boat to the island is only coming about 2(as informed earlier), we had an hour plus to go around the small town. Shops that we could see there were still old-skool ones that reminded us all of the good ol' days. WS bought a Mastika and was hooked on it for sometime. I wonder what other weird stories she have read from that magazine.Since we're all walking around with nothing to do, took a couple of pics of the town.




Push asked me this: "Why take pic of her butt la?"...Seriously unintentionally done..









Brings back some nostalgic feeling eh? Having to spend an hour plus in a small town with nothing much to explore, Push brought us to the Mersing jetty to jalan-jalan and use up some time before we head for Tg Gemok where we will be departing on the ferry to Tioman. The last time I went to Mersing was probably 3 years ago when I first started with EIS. I remembered I went with Yet Hui and we stayed in Embassy Hotel in town. Don't think the town changed that much compared to 3 years ago :P

T-shirts found in the souvenir shops at the jetty, Fatt almost bought one of it...didn't have his size, so didn't get in the end.



Since it's getting late, I'll end this part 1 with this really cool pic.



I like this pic a lot, how they posed, how it was taken...wished I had another shot.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ur hp camera???

YeeLeng said...

not yet upload that...this is from my cybershot camera