Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Of bus rides and more..

Back from the Raya hols. Feels like the holidays are still around, no mood to work. It was a weekend with my family..which is great! My nieces have grown so much and getting even more adorable!

Yesterday, I was making my way back home from Singapore, took the express bus from Larkin. The bus fare back to Klang was RM35! That's freaking expensive! Then I asked how much to get to KL, it was only RM24! You know, being financially tight this month (and the months to come... ) So I opted for the ticket to KL. Paying for my dad too, so considering it's RM22 difference, we took it. Let's not start on the punctuality of the buses from Larkin, the ticket printed was 7:30am, and our bus only started moving at 8:00am. Which is normal if you've been taking buses from Larkin long enough. There are cases where you have to wait till the bus is full, so there's no time limit for the waiting. Too tired to think of anything, slept on the bus when journey started.

Journey from KL-Klang. Another bus ride. Was kinda surprised that they have so many bus services that goes that route. This time around, it's some new bus line that I was taking. Used to be RM2.50 for the ride. The guy in the bus said RM3.00, not really sure we were conned or what, never bothered to ask coz I only want to get home at that point. Nevermind, once you get to KL, Pudu especially, is when you hear all the bus conductors screaming on top of their lungs trying to get their buses filled up. Haven't been walking on the streets of KL for sometime. Ahh..brings back memories.

Then we got back to Klang. Had to take another bus home. Journey from Klang-Home. Okay,this bus driver was the worse in behaviour compared to all. He's not that helpful at the first place and started scolding his passengers. To those that can't really tell him the right location they want to go. Even at the ticketing, he was issuing tickets as he likes. Not to mention, he charges extra for the ticket prices. Sigh...Even when the bus is already full, he kept on taking in people.

Thank goodness I only need to take buses from KL-Klang and Klang-Home once in a while. Maybe getting too pampered with the comfort of my own car. Hmm...but still in one day, there's a lot of people that uses the buses to commute. I just hope the services doesn't deteriote anymore.

No comments: