Friday, August 17, 2007

Bangkok Pt 2

So I stopped at the part that we were left at the temple by our good ol' tuk-tuk driver. Being the optimistic me, I told PJ, let's just walk a bit and see whether he's there waiting in front. So we walked..and walked...approached by a tuk-tuk driver who refuse to send us to our destination with that same 30 Baht, he demanded 40 Baht,saying it's peak hour traffic and stuff. I said no...so we walked...and then came a junction. We took out our ever-so-reliable map but we still have no idea which part we were at. Then came a really kind-hearted local. She approached us.

Stranger#3:Can I help you?
PJ:Yes (trust me, I was skeptical and I was still thinking should we trust her...been in malaysia too long, not used to such a hospitable environment)
Stranger#3:Where you want to go?
PJ:Grand Palace
Stranger#3:Oh, you can take bus number 45. Only 7 Baht.Fast, the bus coming.
(At that time we're making our way there..suddenly.... I heard the lady shouting, so I turn around)
Stranger#3: Faster, bus coming, take this one~!! (She was running after the bus with us!!)


Thanks to such a helpful stranger, we got on the bus. An off we go. This was our bus ride...

And then I saw a very familiar Malaysia landmark there...


Finally, we've arrived our destination...after some temple hopping. Cost us 250Baht to enter the place. And you need to decently dressed for it, no sleeveless, or u have to borrow clothes to cover yourself. A few pics of the place.









We spent the whole afternoon there and by the time we left the place, it was already close to evening. Wanted to head to Wat Pho for a massage session but too bad already closed. Really not our day. We waited for the boat to get us back to where we came from. Took the skytrain back. Dead tired from the walking, we rested in our hotel room till it was time for dinner. Didn't really have a place in mind to go, so we headed to Hard Rock Cafe. Had dinner and enjoyed ourselves there till late night.
There was a live band performing that night. Was kinda cool...Coz we're the only girls-only pair, think we kinda caught their attention..both from the band and the waiters and waitresses that night. It was quite fun...


The lead singers...the one on the right, her name is Sharon..don't know the guy's name though.


A nice group pic...with the Irish girl who was so drunk that night that she started to talk and talk and talk.....

When they were done singing, they had too much of free beer/shots left. Remember Sharon?The 2 shots in her hand in the pic up there, she gave me one. Not sure what liquour is that also. I just took it. Then one of them pass us beer also. We sat and talk for a while. The band was really good, but then they felt that their music is not really appreciated considering they are told to perform older songs. They will be traveling around the world performing. And they are from the Phillipines.After finishing the beer, we were on our way back to the hotel.

Day 3

Woke up with a terrible headache. Seriously, I wasn't sure it's coz of the liquour I took the night before or just not enough sleep. Went down for breakfast and after that was suppose to head to Pratunam market. Since I thought it would be nice to see the life of the Thai ppl, we walked the back lane and whaddaya know? LOST lor. So in the end, we just got on the skytrain and went to CentralWorld area.We were at Starbucks just relaxing... And after that my headache got worse, so we went back to the hotel and started packing our stuff.We got the cab to the airport. We checked in REALLY early, and went for super expensive lunch at the airport. Our flight was at 455pm Bangkok time.Bumpy ride back to KL, cloudy and lots of turbulence and OLD plane with REALLY noisy passengers sharing their experience at Patpong(Red light district). Thank goodness most of the time was spent sleeping, but those time when I was awake, I overheard the guys at the back talking bout the "cultural" shows that they were watching there.Seriously, it wasn't anything I was interested to know. Touched down at LCCT at about 8pm.

So that kinda sums up my short trip to Bangkok. It was overall an interesting getaway. Although I didn't really get to do what I wanted, or buy more stuff or eaten more food, it's still an eye-opener. Different culture, the people that we met, interaction with locals, exposure to the polluted air...it's unforgettable. The even more unforgettable was the chicken pox thing right after :P Anyway, if I have the time to go there again, I'll probably be more prepared...and I want to visit other places, like the floating market and ancient city and also the beaches there! :)

No comments: