Monday, October 30, 2006

RM35 for a school bus seat???

Talking bout travelling in the festive season, I know:

1. Seats are limited or even not available for last minute ppl
2. There's gonna be LOTS and LOTS of ppl
3. JAM

So my travel experience this time:

1. Got my ticket to Singapore on Hari Raya eve. ( Lucky shot, bought it 2 days before but then it was the last seat and the ride was bumpy.) There was a couple, from the way they were talking, I guess, they might be from Indon? Don't really care, but I know they were heading to JB. What happened was they didn't check on their bus ticket when they bought it. it was written there 10:30 AM. The time then 10:30 PM. So we were all held up because these 2 ppl would not budge, especially the wife. She keeps on saying that she got night tickets, and this is the once in a year thing, with prayers and all that. At one point, I do pity her. But then again, it was her mistake for not checking the ticket issued. (LESSON TO BE LEARNT 1: Always check the details of the tickets purchased before leaving the counter~!) So, after 15 minutes of really high pitch bickering with the husband, the bus driver decided to let her sit on the step, promising her that she'll reach her destination. She actually did sit on the step for that 4-5 hours journey. So that was my way there.

2. My way back. Was on the Singapore Express to JB. In Larkin, there were these "poachers" looking for their "victims". People always say, buy from the counters to avoid conmen. Well, what I did was exactly that and I still kena tipu~! Stupid~! The fella pointed to the picture of their typical express bus. So yea, ok. You charge me RM35 and you send me back to my hometown. Fine, in my heart I was thinking, 1030am bus, brings me back to Klang, okay. Although dad suggested RM25 that goes to KL. But why the hassle? Mind as well go straight back. BUT you know what? We got a RM35 SCHOOL BUS SEAT each. DAMN~! WTF is this? You tell me straight that it's a school bus instead of showing me the picture and tell me loads of crap. SUPER WIRA express, not going to take that bus ever again~!! ( LESSON TO BE LEARNT 2: ALWAYS ask what bus, always buy earlier tickets to get better seats )

I think the most important lesson is: DON'T TRAVEL DURING FESTIVE SEASON~!

*This post was suppose to be posted earlier before I went to Penang, but got caught up with work in the middle of composing.

No comments: