Monday, November 06, 2006

Are you healthy?

My Singapore trip this time around was...informative. Yea, one day we were out for lunch in Toa Payoh and there's this free health screening and dental checkup organised by the NUS Medical and Dentistry students. Whoa, med students...all leng chai and leng luis... :P But all of them are in their 3rd year of studies I think.

It was gaining the interest of a crowd of senior citizens. Well, since they offer really good goodie bags, my parents, my sis-in-law and I thought...what the heck?it's free and I get free stuff. So we went to get our queue numbers. First start off with the weight and height measurements. Next was my blood pressure and then glucose level. Nothing much, besides the fact that I'm overweight...sigh... BMI was not at a healthy side. I kinda expected that. And the soon-to-be doctor also said, besides that, I'm perfectly healthy...hmm.. After that, I think I should go and get myself a full body checkup. They had to take my BP readings 3 times. First 2 times shows that it was quite high. The 3rd shows that I'm normal. Freaked me out a bit. My glucose level was normal too.

We thought of going away before the dentistry student approached my mom, telling her bout the free dental checkup. So it was another round of waiting for the checkup. After years and years of not visiting a dentist; the results: I need scaling ( whatever that means... ). The student just told me to go to a dentist and mention that. Ok...and she was also nice enough to chat a little while. So happened that she's Malaysian too. And after the lesson on how to brush your teeth, she passed me a bag of goodies. I can say..their freebies..is REALLY good~! Thinking back on my uni days, there weren't one/more company that's willing to sponsor that much of stuff~!! So it was a rewarding day...I mean, besides the freebies,it does make me stop and think bout getting that full body checkup. As they always say, prevention is better than cure...

No comments: