Saturday, June 18, 2011

A visit to the home

I was fortunate enough to receive an invite by WS to visit the home of disabled children. It was earlier today and I find the need to immediately blog about it.

I haven't been to a home to visit before. Only see it from outside. And I said I wanna do more for the community and this was the chance!

So WS picked me up from my house, and we picked another friend of hers and we were off to the home after breakfast. When we reached, I too was worried I could not be able to face them. But the feeling as I walked in was just overwhelming. You can see smiles on their faces when they have visitors. That just melts the heart and at the same time, I fought the tears that wanted to fall down. It is heartbreaking to see them being abandoned by their parents to this home. Some of the kids are very lively, kicking around, actively running. We saw another group of people donating things like cooking oil, rice, milk powders. This home houses 76 disabled children with 14 working adults to look after them. We've planned for the next trip there again.

Bless the people that looks after the place and bless the children as they grow up in an environment that is different from others. The guys here can do with more help and support in terms of loving care and monetary and materials.

Can't wait for the next visit.

In case you want donate/visit, you may channel your contributions/love to this place:

Persatuan Penjagaan Kanak-kanak Cacat Klang Selangor
No 4, Lorong Bunga Raya,
Kampung Raja Uda,
42000 Port Klang, Selangor
Tel: 03-31654312/03-31654475
Fax: 03-31655616

No comments: