Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Perhentian.. Part 1

Hey all..the long awaited update on my recent Perhentian Trip. :) To summarised, it was a great getaway with loads of memories/lessons to bring home with.

Date: 24-26Aug 2008
Participants: NY, Grace, Lorraine, Mun Leng, Me

This all-girl trip thingy was planned way way ahead...so when my boss was saying that he wasn't going to let me off, I was really very disappointed, at points very pissed off...but nevertheless, he couldn't really hold me back la...coz I planned and paid for at least 3/4 of the trip dy. So the day arrived and started as early as 5am... We were supposed to gather at ML's place to wait for the cabbie to send us there at 5.30am. I was too excited the night before that I couldn't really sleep much! :P

Although sleepy, but once all of us got together, we started chit chatting away from the time we left ML's house right up to the airport. It was an hour plus journey and we didn't even pause our conversation leh.. :P I wonder if the taxi guy was surprised that we were so semangat that early in the morning. Anyway, NY already checked us in, so we were taking our own sweet time to get to the gate. Erm...suppose to be entering the gates by 7am, we were still in McD right up till 720am...well..until they started the announcement to board. By the time we entered, it was last call for our flight. :p So not bad for AirAsia flight...new plane...airbus 320...comfy. Graces' first flying experience. A bit of a crowd, it was at least 80% full. The flight took us 55 minutes.. landed in KB and there we were picked up by Baha. Local Kelantan guy who was driving us to the port at Kuala Besut. At the same time they picked up another group of ppl travelling to the same place.

We were then dropped off at the tour agency. Waited for the boat to arrive to send us to Perhentian~! Weird arrangements at the jetty, when the lady was telling us that boat is already full and only can accomodate 4 of us and 1 have to wait for the next boat. A bit absurd la...but have to follow, we didn't want to create any problems and ML, Lorraine n I got on the first boat. NY and Grace came later on the second boat. Sea was very choppy that afternoon.. The speedboat was going fast and our butts hurt from the boat ride.
But when you see the blue seas and blue skies..all the excitement just compensates our hurt arses :P Anyway, we got in Arwana, got us checked in and enjoyed our welcome drink. I remember the guy that dealt with our check in. His name is Robert. You know why? Coz later on, NY and Grace got into a really bad room with wet bedsheet and sandy floor and they had to request for change. Thank goodness the hotel was able to change and also upgrade their rooms too! That's why they got to the dining area late. We got into our superior room and it was quite spacious with a clean toilet! Dropped our bags, changed into something comfy.. It was 12:30pm and lunch was served~! I can say that our overall buffet spread was quite a good one.

This was one of those holidays that I sit and wait for time to pass....not in a rush, so we got time to ourselves. Our first snorkelling trip was at 2:30pm. We had time to sit n wait for that after lunch. Neither of us brought our watches, so we were just walking around.But the feeling of not knowing the time just kills me...seriously, up to now, if I don;t have a watch/handphone, I'll be searching for a clock. I wonder how many of you all feel the same as I do... NY and Lorraine were very happy to see the seas and fishies...so I think they took quite a lot of pics and videos of those fishes that were lingering near the shore. Don't have them with me to show..Maybe can find those on facebook... Anyway...fishies aside, it was time for our first snorkeling trip..and will be explained further in my next post :P

No comments: