Sunday, July 24, 2005

Killing me softly....

Sigh, the boredom is doing just that!! Can't believe I've been just bumming around since May!! Yeap, still jobless with no directions. Juniors are worrying bout their future already since this senior of theirs with good results but no job. Misconception. That's what people relate to jobless graduate these days since the bad press about it. C'mon, first thing that strikes your mind when you hear bout unemployed graduate : ATTITUDE PROBLEM. In my case, well, there is some truth in it I guess.

It was since that one interview where the interviewer shared his experience, it got me thinking that I would wan to head to the direction that I think I should be in: The Telecommunications Industry. With that, obviously then comes all the choices and companies that I can actually apply for. The problem was, the jobs I wanted, no publication of any vacancies. Sad eh? When I saw the vacancy on it, without hesitation, resumes all posted in. Went for interviews. Now I'm just waiting for call backs...crossing my fingers and hoping that I get them by next week.

Part bout the attitude problem, people say I'm just choosy. Probably I am. The other day, there's 2 recruitment agencies called up.

First call....

Recruitment agency #1 : Hello, we see that you might just be still unemployed. There's this opening for ...erm...Admin Assistant. Would you be interested?

Me: What's the job scope like?

Recruitment agency #1: It's all writing on ISO stuff.

Me: Sorry not interested.

Second call...

Recruitment agency #2: Hi, this is *some name*, we see that you applied for engineering position, but no jobs for that, but we do have one internally. We are looking for a recruitor. Would you be interested?

Me: What's the job scope like?

Recruitment agency #2: It's you interviewing people for our clients, mainly telecommunications company.

Me: Sorry not interested.

Recruitment agency #2: Ermm...is it? Why leh? (acting cute with the voice)

Me: (duh..!! ) I rather be working in your client companies rather than being the one interviewing new people for them. ** Well..didn't really say that...I just said I wasn't interested.

So does this two situations make me a choosy person? Some might say yes, some might think not. But what I have in mind was, after 5 dreadful and torturing years in uni for that piece of paper, I think I would rather work with a company that is on par with my qualifications. Need I say more??

No comments: